Firsthand story of a millennial woman learning to code during the lockdown.
- The Scene: The Other Side of the Pandemic.
- The Prologue: Damsel In Distress.
- Act 1: Self-Doubt Creeps In.
- Act 2: I Miss My Instant Gratification.
- Act 3: It’s No Dark Magic, After All.
- The Epilogue: This Is Not Your Cinderella Story.
The Scene: The Other Side of the Pandemic
It was mid-March 2020 in San Francisco and our team sighed in relief. After countless hours of effort we rescued the world from a deadly influenza strain.
We discovered the vaccine and distributed it everywhere necessary. We high-fived, elbow-bumped and basked in the glory of our victory for humanity.
My husband and I spent a week binge-playing a board…